The COVID-19 pandemic has been around for two years now and we applied the necessary changes in our practices as required by law. In early 2022 the laws in Victoria became more relaxed and most practices have moved to a more self-regulating standard whereby they are not mandated, but are well advised, to uphold good hygiene for their own and for patients’ health protection.
From 25th Feb 2022, mask wearing requirements for Allied Health private practices changed so that masks are required in publicly accessible areas of a healthcare premises. This requirement extends to patients/clients, clinical staff and administrative staff who access these premises. Our appointment confirmation and reminder notices continue to advise that we require our patients to wear a mask in our practices.
Our doctors are fully vaccinated, according to Victorian law that mandates the three doses of vaccine for health care workers in a primary healthcare setting. QR check-in is no longer required in our practices.
We would also like to remind clients that are attending appointments:
- Please reschedule your appointments if you are unwell (temperature, cough, cold)
- If you have just completed an isolation phase while having COVID, please allow an extra buffer of time before attending our clinic. We do not consider that 7 days for the time of testing positive is an appropriate time to enter a healthcare setting.
- Please reschedule your appointment if you or someone you have been in contact with have been overseas in the last two weeks
- Everyone that comes into the clinic (whether as a patient or visitor) will be asked to wash / sanitise their hands
- In the reception area we are observing the social distancing policy as recommended
- We have increased our cleaning procedures in reception on all frequently touched areas (counter, eftpos terminal, door handles, railing, taps, bathroom surfaces) and in the treatment rooms where we sanitise the treatment tables and chairs after each patient.