Restrictions are changing to slow the spread of coronavirus in Victoria with Stage 4 restrictions in place from 6pm on Sunday 2 August 2020 for metropolitan Melbourne. These changes are being introduced to reduce the number of people leaving their homes and moving around Victoria. From 2nd August, a curfew will be in place in metropolitan Melbourne. Curfews will be in operation from 8pm to 5am every evening, with people only allowed to leave their house for work, and essential health, care or safety reasons.
Our Doncaster and Armadale clinics remain open for chiropractic care as an essential service. You can leave home to receive health care or attend medical appointments. If you need to see a doctor or health care professional, you should do so. Do not put off getting medical or health care.
We will be keeping our doors open and will be doing our part to assist our clients to ensure we all maintain a strong, healthy immune system, as long as it is safe to do so. We’re here to support and serve our community.
With regards to our social distancing protocol:
- We have made significant changes to our scheduling to reduce the number of clients at our clinic at one time.
- We have removed chairs in our waiting rooms to create more distance between clients.
- We’ve removed magazines and other frequently touched items.
If you have been in contact with another person suspected of having COVID-19, you must seek medical attention and remain in self-isolation for 14 days.
If you are feeling unwell, have a cough, sore throat, fever or any respiratory issues, we cannot see you in our practice at this time. Please call your GP or for more information, please call the Coronavirus helpline on 1800 020 080.
The safety of our patients and team is paramount and we are monitoring updates regarding COVID-19 via the Australian Chiropractors Association and the Department of Health. We are taking a proactive approach to ensure your health needs are being met, and you can confidently continue to receive Chiropractic care in this practice. At this stage we are still able to work and will continue to until it is no longer safe to.
Hygiene action plan
- Sanitising hands on entering our premises is required for all.
- We offer alcohol sanitiser products
- Areas are being wiped and sanitised at least every hour
- Team members have been instructed about optimal hygiene practice
- We are wearing masks at all times now.
After attending our clinics
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, or suspect you may have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please advise us immediately.
- We keep detailed records of all texts, phone calls and emails relating to COVID-19 suspected or confirmed cases in case of contact tracing agencies needing information.
- If you develop cold-like symptoms and are unsure if you should attend your appointment, please call ahead and talk to us.