Michael and David Black Chiropractic Group’s Manningham Road Chiropractic Centre is a family chiropractic centre.
We see people of all ages and our passion is paediatric chiropractic. We have literally checked children 4 hours from birth and we believe that every single baby should have a check up.
What an incredible step into life! Imagine if you had been checked over from day one for any neurological, musculo-skeletal or biomechanical problems from birth… How much better you would be off today?!
Paediatric chiropractic, or chiropractic for small children, is new to some. Perhaps the biggest misconception that people have is that chiropractic is all about back pain and ‘crunch and crack’! Nothing could be further from the truth.
Paediatric chiropractic is first and foremost safe and very gentle. It is all about assisting the newborn, infant and the older child, to function to the best of their ability.
The initial consultation includes an examination and information about expected development for the child’s age or ‘developmental milestones’. Compromise to the neuromuscular system can impair normal development and thus chiropractic paediatric care can have a profound effect on how a child thrives.
Common problems encountered include a lack early gross motor skills such as inability to turn the head fully, roll over, sit independantly, crawl in a cross pattern and late walking.
Infantile colic and reflux may be manifestations of problems in the neuromuscular system which in turn may respeond favourably to paediatric chiropractic.
It is true that the birth process can damage the neuromuscular system, but many other factors can affect the young child, such as: falls, illness, feeding issues, lack of appropriate exercise, the use of baby walkers etc.
You may be referred to us from other chiropractors, different types of healthcare professionals, including general practitioners or family and friends, however a referral is not a requirement.
Ten Reasons Children May See a Chiropractor
- To maximize their child’s plasticity (brain and nerve development)
- To enhance their child’s overall wellbeing
- To strengthen immunity and reduce incidence of illness
- To help with asthma, breathing difficulties and allergies
- To improve spinal posture
- To improve their child’s ability to concentrate
- To assist with behavioural disorders and improve emotional wellbeing
- To help alleviate bed wetting and digestive problems
- To assist with sleep issues
- To avoid the detrimental effects of medications and antibiotics